DALARNA: A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE
DALARNA UNIVERSITY: A GREAT PLACE TO STUDY
Dalarna University means academic quality and innovation. What makes Dalarna University so special is the concept of closeness - closeness in terms of contact with fellow students and teachers, proximity to the activities, cafes, shops; location to campus from student housing; and distance to Stockholm, when far-off destinations and adventures can readily become part of the plan!
- The New York Times rated Dalarna as one of 45 must-visit places in the world.*
- Immediate access to amazing nature, clean air and outdoor adventure activities (The 6th biggest ski-resort in Sweden is only 15 minutes from our campus. The longest natural ice paths in Europe for ice-skating are here in Dalarna with over 70 kilometers of plowed skating paths on lake run each year, sledding just 5-minute walk from student housing in the winter, blueberry/lingonberry picking just a 5-minute walk from student housing in summer/fall, lakes all around)
- Cultural icons of Sweden have their origin in Dalarna. This includes the Dalahorse – made exclusively in Dalarna and the red paint that covers so many of Sweden’s houses, which is a byproduct of the copper mine in Falun that used to be the biggest copper-mine in the world and was responsible for 2/3 of the GDP of Sweden when Sweden was a big international power in the 1600s.
Bachelor Programmes (180 Credits = 3 years)
- International Tourism Management, 180 Credits
Master Programmes (60 Credits/120 Credits = 1 year/2 years)
- Master Programme in Solar Energy Engineering, 60/120 Credits
- Master Programme in Economics of Tourism and Events, 60 Credits
- Master Programme in Tourism Destination Development, 60 Credits
- Master Programme in Business Studies with an International Focus, 120 Credits
- Business Intelligence: Master Programme, 60 Credits
- Master Programme in Business Intelligence, 120 Credits
- Master Programme in African Studies, 60/120Credits
- Master Progamme in English with a Specialization in Literature in English, 60 Credits (Distance Learning, full-time)
- Master Progamme in English with a Specialization in Literature in English, 60 Credits (Distance learning, half-time)
Scholarship awards 25%-50% of the tuition fee.
Tuition fees for Bachelor Programmes: 11,000 Euro (one year)
Tuition fees for the Master Programmes: 9,000 - 14,000 Euro (1 year)
18,000 - 28,000 Euro (2 years)