Plan Your Studies

Residence Permit Applications - Required Documents

 What is required to apply for a residence for studies in Sweden?
  • have a valid passport 
  • be admitted to full-time studies
  • be able to support yourself during the period for which you are applying for
  • have an comprehensive health insurance if you are admitted to studies for less than one year.

* If your passport is about to expire, make sure to extend it – you cannot obtain a permit for longer than your passport's period of validity

*Full-time studies correspond to 30 higher education credits per term. You cannot get a residence permit for distance studies

*  Minimum of SEK 8,190 per month is required. 

Upon acquiring residence permit for studying at a university or college, you are allowed to work without a work permit as long as your residence permit is valid.


Last updated on 20.09.2019